Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Planet Dave.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because you grant us Consent based on this document detailing your privacy rights and our use of your data. Please note that we do not retain your visit information but we do retain any comments left on the site in perpetuity.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will endeavor to notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
TRANSPARENT PRIVACY EXPLANATIONS
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
SPONSORED LINKS, AFFILIATE TRACKING & COMMISSIONS
Our website also contains adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are typically served through our advertising partners; Google Adsense, eBay Partner Network, Amazon Affiliates, or similar. We only use trusted advertising partners who each have high standards of user privacy and security. However we do not control the actual adverts seen / displayed by our advertising partners.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
EMAIL MARKETING MESSAGES & SUBSCRIPTION
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
RESOURCES & FURTHER INFORMATION
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template